1. Background and Purpose
3. What personal information does Misteo collect
We collect personal information to the extent that it is:
- Necessary for us to carry out our core business as the supplier of IT and computer systems and business consultancy services, climate modelling and data analytics services;
- Incidental to the carrying out of our core business; or
- Customer personal information used in accordance with client contracts.
Personal information will generally only be collected for the purpose of enabling us to liaise with individuals who are, or who are associated with, customers, potential customers, contractors or sub-contractors.
The types of personal information which we may collect and hold in these circumstances include, without limitation, an individuals name, address, phone number, email address, and other contact details.
You do not have to provide us with your personal information but if you do not provide us with the personal information that we need, we may not be able to provide our services or assistance to you or our clients on your behalf.
4. How does Misteo collect personal information?
We may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including, without limitation, on forms, questionnaires and surveys, by our website (including cookie collection), over the telephone, person to person. Such information is stored in secure electronic files on Misteo’s file systems.
5. Why does Misteo collect and use personal information?
We will not use or disclose personal information that we collect for any purpose other than the primary purpose of collection, unless:
- Such use is related to the primary purpose and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for that purpose;
- In the case of direct marketing not related to our activities – we have obtained your prior consent (unless it is not practicable to seek your consent and we otherwise comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act) and you have not since requested we cease direct marketing to you; or
- The use or disclosure is otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act.
As a general rule, we do not engage in direct marketing activities. To the extent that we do engage in direct marketing in the future however, you may at any time request us not to provide you with any further direct marketing communications by contacting us via the details set out below.
6. Who does Misteo disclose personal information to?
By using our website or disclosing your personal information to us, you will be deemed to consent to us using your personal information collected by us, for the following purposes:
- Notifying you about any changes to the information which currently exists on the website;
- Providing services to clients;
- Notifying you in the future about new information relevant to our products and services; and
- Monitoring your use of our website.
7. How does Misteo protect personal information?
We take reasonable steps to protect any personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, alteration and disclosure
However, data protection measures are never completely secure and, despite the measures we have put in place, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. You must take care to protect your personal information (for example, by protecting any usernames and passwords). You should notify us as soon as possible if you become aware of any security breaches.
8. Links to third party websites
9. Accessing your personal information held by Misteo
You may access personal information we hold about you, subject to a small number of legal restrictions or exemptions. Where such restrictions or exemptions exist we will advise you of those reasons at the time of your request.
If you wish to access the personal information we hold about you or request correction of it, you should contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details below.
While we do not charge you for a request for accessing your personal information you should be aware that we may charge a reasonable fee (which will be notified to you once you make a request) for time and cost in the following circumstances:
- if an extended amount of time is required to collate and prepare material for you; and
- if you wish to have your files photocopied for you.
10. How can you correct and update your information?
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we also rely on you to advise us of any changes to your personal information.
Please contact us using the contact details below as soon as possible if there are any changes to your personal information or if you believe the personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date so that we can update your file accordingly.
11. What do you need to do if you have a complaint?
You will need to provide us with sufficient details regarding your complaint together with any supporting evidence.
We will refer your complaint to our Compliance Officer who will investigate the issue and determine the steps (if any) that we will undertake to resolve your complaint. We will contact you if we require any additional information from you and will notify you in writing of the outcome of the investigation.
If you are not satisfied with our determination, you can contact us to discuss your concerns or complain to the Australian Privacy Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au.
12. Contact us
The Privacy Officer
Misteo Pty Ltd
22 / 120 Spencer Street
Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Phone: +61 1300 277 338